Stick a Pin in it: Sweet Pulled Pork Knock-Off

posted on: Wednesday, January 25, 2012



This morning I stumbled out of bed wanting to throw together a post I  finished last night and it wouldn't let me add additional photos--I begged and pleaded, but to no avail.

So between my blogger debacle and Punk smashing blueberries in the carpet I felt that I needed to calm my nerves with a Dr. Pepper.

Thanks, Doc you always know how to make a girl feel better.

;)


Have you ever eaten at a Cafe Rio?

It's a fun little Mexican/Southwestern eatery that boasts itself on mouth watering flavors and a dish to satisfy almost palette.  

We Montana (aka Bozeman) folks don't believe in being up-to-date on the latest and greatest in the culinary cuisine so I usually have to wait until I go to Great Falls or to Utah to devour a Cafe Rio dish.

So when we do have a craving for something "exotic" it requires the use of knock-off cooking.

My cousin found a great recipe for Cafe Rio's famous cilantro ranch dressing and after searching I was also able to find a fun recipe for their sweet pulled pork.

The menu of choice last night was the Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad with some fun substitutions.

I found a great recipe on Pinterest from a cute blog called Favorite Family Recipes.

They broke down the meal into easy steps with directions on how to make sweet pulled pork, cilantro lime rice, and cilantro ranch dressing.

Delish my friends, delish.

The recipe was initially for a pulled pork salad but we decided to put our meal in homemade hard taco shells.

Super easy and quick, and totally worth it.

Thanks for stopping by, and if you happen to cook a great knock-off meal I would love to hear about it!


Also, for those of you that are new to Spunky Junky feel free to link up tutorials, recipes, and ideas that you have found using inspiration from Pinterest!

I love when we can all have new "pinspirations!"

Link rules:
*Link to a specific post
*Make sure the post is about an idea gained from Pinterest!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Got to admit these were mighty tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so sorry, I posted two links before realizing its only pinterest inspired. "Curbside find gets a makeover" and "Organized Pantry" I can't remove them myself so please do so for me. So sorry for the trouble. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. found most people will go along with your views on this web site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get pleasure from, cause I found just what I used to be having a look for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it, yyou might be a great author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will come back very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger